Castle Danger Brewery is a family-owned brewery that is team-oriented, has a learning/adaptive approach to brewing, and is willing to make consumer-centric decisions when it comes to overall beer quality. We are a rapidly growing organization that works hard and has fun. The success of our business has come from our people who have passion, commitment, creativity, initiative, and a collaborative team spirit. When we have open positions, they will be posted on this site.
Castle Danger Brewery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and complies with all applicable federal and state laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
We are currently accepting applications for these positions at the brewery in Two Harbors and around the state of MN:
FIRST SHIFT CELLAR – FULL-TIME AND SECOND SHIFT CELLAR – FULL-TIME
Cellar Persons are responsible for maintaining beer throughout fermentations and the transfer and clarification of beer in preparation for packaging. We have first-shift (Wednesday – Saturday, 6:00am – 4:00pm) and second-shift (Sunday – Wednesday, 2:00pm – 12:00am) opportunities available.
- Perform daily fermentation pH/gravity checks
- Manage fermentations and yeast health
- CIP and sanitize fermenters and brite tanks
- Cellar work including yeast pitching/harvesting, dry-hopping, transferring, centrifuging, and carbonating beer
- Beer and chemical waste management
- Extensive brewery cleaning and sanitation
- Maintain accurate records
- Aid in receiving and storage of raw materials and supplies
- Operate forklift (will train)
- Perform QA/QC duties as assigned
- Adhere to correct PPE and all SOPs
- Other duties as assigned
- 21 years of age or older
- Must be passionate about craft beer
- Strong communication skills; ability to speak and interact effectively with coworkers
- Professional presence; must conduct self in professional manner at all times as an ambassador for CDB
- Flexibility to work variety of hours, including weekends
- Positive attitude, initiative, creativity and adaptability as CDB grows
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Previous experience in a brewery or manufacturing environment required
- Lift /carry supplies in excess of 85 lbs and team lift up to 170 lbs
- Position requires frequent crouching, moving heavy hoses, work in hot, cold, and humid environments.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Special Engineer Boiler License a plus
- $18.00 – $22.00/hr
- Second shift pay differential +$1.00/hr
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- PTO – two weeks plus two personal days, company holidays
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match + discretionary profit sharing
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Boot Stipend – $155.00/year
- Free Beer
- Discounted Merch
For questions about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
STREET TEAM / BRAND AMBASSADOR – PART TIME
We have assembled a Street Team (commonly called Brand Ambassadors in the industry) of individuals who have a passion for craft beer and want to spread the word about Castle Danger beers in the marketplace. Brand Ambassadors are part-time employees who work liquor store samplings, beer festivals, and other beer events. We are looking to add to our Street Team in these areas we serve: Detroit Lakes, Alexandria, and Northwest Wisconsin (Superior, Ashland). The minimum commitment we are seeking is 1 event per month. Benefits include hourly wage, discounted merchandise, and beer.
Duties include: Attending events and pouring samples, sharing information about Castle Danger Brewery and the beer and providing friendly service to represent the brand in a positive manner at all times.
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent, 21 years of age or older, passion for craft beer, strong communication and customer service skills, reliable transportation to get to events at 4pm during the week and various times during the weekend, ability to stand and remain stationary for long periods of time, ability to lift 55+ pounds and the ability to work independently.
Please complete this form:
Application for Employment
If you are having troubles with the online form and would like to print off and complete our application, please download the below application and email to: email@example.com
Castle Danger Brewery Application for Employment
If you are unable to email the application, mail to:
Castle Danger Brewery
17 – 7th St.
Two Harbors, MN 55616